Bay Ridge Rod & Gun Club
Anyone violating these rules will be asked to leave the range.
- The first rule is SAFETY.
- All firing line commands must be obeyed IMMEDIATELY.
- Eye and ear protection is required when on the firing line.
- All improper and unsafe conditions should be reported to the Range Officer.
- No firearms will be taken out of their cases in the lounge area. Under no circumstances will anyone remove his/her firearms from it's appropriate bag, box or holster to display the firearm in the lounge area.
- Each shooter will take his/her firearm in it's case to the firing position designated by the Range Officer. Upon removal from it's case, the firearm must be pointed in a safe direction downrange.
- There will be NO USE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL AT ANY TIME. There is no smoking on the firing line.
- All shooters must show appropriate identification and sign in and out of the range.
- All firearms must be registered with the appropriate authorities.
- Only one shooter at a time at a position. A coach may stand behind a shooter for instructional purposes only.
- Only paper targets may be used, and must be at a minimum of 25 ft (the first yellow line). Law Enforcement personnel may position targets at 15 ft.
- Handguns and rimfire rifles only may be fired. No centerfire rifles are permitted. No black powder may be fired.
- There will be no intentional cross-firing permitted. Doing so will revoke your shooting membership.
- No eating, drinking or loud talking on the firing line.
- No loaded guns at the cleaning tables.
- All firearms must be unloaded and/or holstered everywhere except the firing line.
- Moving from position to position along the firing line while carrying a loaded firearm is not permitted,